About this consultation
The Heathrow Airspace and Future Operations Consultation is running for eight weeks from 8 January until 11.55pm on 4 March 2019. It is seeking feedback on proposed changes to our airspace and future runway operations.
This consultation gives you the chance to have your say on three key areas:
- Airspace change for an expanded Heathrow: the local factors we should consider in different geographic areas when designing future flight paths.
- Airspace change to make better use of our existing two runways: the local factors we should consider in different geographic areas when designing new flight paths for some arrivals on our existing two runways.
- Future operations for an expanded Heathrow: how we will operate our three runways in the future, this includes managing noise; respite through runway and airspace alternation; directional preference and night flights.
There are 6 topics spread across 7 pages:
- Airspace change 1
- Airspace change 2 (continued)
- Managing noise
- Directional preference
- Night flights 1 (Early morning arrivals)
- Night flights 2 (Other night restrictions)
Please note the question numbering used in these online response pages reflects the hard copy documents prepared for this consultation, to allow people to cross reference easily, and so some appear out of order.
How to use this response tool
Although basic information relating to each question of the consultation is included within the relevant sections of this response tool, we encourage you to read our main Consultation Documents before responding to this consultation.
If you require more information on any section you can also visit the topic pages on the afo.heathrowconsultation.com website or follow the links in the explanatory paragraph for each question.
Please note, there is no requirement to answer all of the questions and you can skip, move onto another topic using the top menu bar, or submit your response at any time.
Alternatively, if you’d like to save your response and complete the survey at a later time you can do that too by clicking “Save or submit” in the top right hand corner.
Please click on the “Topic” menu at the top of the questionnaire to view a full list of topics. A green tick will appear next to each topic in the menu once you have either completed questions or skipped the topic.